Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Effie's





So we were supposed to go to Amada for New Years but the menu was especially expensive so David picked this places. Effies is a Greek food restaurant and I really like Greek food so I was all for it. Its this really tiny place in center city and there were about 5 small tables downstairs and one big round one upstairs. For an appetizer we had spanikopita (Kaseri cheese) which actually wasn't as good as the kind I've had before. It wasn't as potent of a flavor, not as sharp, it was just sort of mild and alright, I wouldn't get it again. For dinner David had Mousaka and I had Makaronia. The Mousaka was amazing, it had cinnamon flavored beef, eggplant, tomatoes, and bechamel (a white sauce made of milk, flour and butter). The cinnamon was a great flavor, just a little sweet, but the perfect combination to compliment the eggplant and tomatoes. I had Makaronia which was penne with bacon, spinach, mushrooms, and greek cheese. The cheese was really stringy in a good way, it was very buttery, it was delicious. I actually think I liked it better heated up the day after for some reason. We were way too full for dessert so we will have to go back another time for that! The food was really good but the service was weird, the waitress seemed like she might be the owner's wife or daughter or something. She didn't introduce herself or carry conversation well but our food came quickly and tasted great.

No comments:

Post a Comment